Frequently Asked Questions

What is Tax Relief?

Tax Relief is any program or incentive that reduces the amount of tax owed by an individual or business. In some cases you may qualify to permanently settle your debt for a fraction of the amount owed. 

If you owe $10,000 or more in back taxes to the IRS or State, there are several tax relief programs available and the experts at US Tax Shield can help you qualify for one. 

What is the IRS Fresh Start Initiative?

The IRS Fresh Start initiative expanded several programs and policies to help both individuals and businesses struggling with unpaid tax debt. These changes make it easier for taxpayers to settle their outstanding balances and avoid tax liens. 

To see if you qualify for the Fresh Start Initiative, or need help resolving your tax debts, the experts at US Tax Shield can help. 

How Does a Tax Attorney Help?

A licensed tax attorney serves as your advocate in dealing with the IRS and or state taxing authorities. An attorney saves you a considerable amount of time—they understand the complexities of the tax code, your specific situation and the steps necessary to resolve your case.

Attorney-client privilege ensures that discussions are confidential by law. You can disclose any and all details related to your case, brainstorm solutions and be confident that your conversations will remain private. 

The tax relief experts at US Tax Shield are here to be your dedicated resource and to save you the most money while resolving your IRS and or state tax debts in the shortest amount of time possible.   

What Can I Do Myself?

Negotiating with the IRS or state taxing authorities is not easy. If you receive a notice about a minor mistake on your tax return or that there are deductions you qualify for, it is okay to address these issues yourself or with your tax preparer. 

If you owe more than $10,000, have years of unfiled tax returns or facing a tax audit, you’ll want to seek help from a reputable tax relief firm. 

US Tax Shield has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and has helped thousands of individuals and businesses across the US settle over $450 Million in back taxes.

How Much is This Going to Cost?

Fees will vary depending on the tax relief service(s). Make sure you go with a company that is transparent about pricing. At US Tax Shield, our fee is guaranteed. What we quote is what you pay. No tricky sales people, up-selling or surprise fees.

How Long Will it Take to Resolve My Case?

Every tax case has its specific challenges and procedures. In most cases, the process can anywhere from 2 to 6 months to resolve. Once we determine how complex your tax situation is, we will have a better timeline for resolution. Our goal is to achieve the best possible results in the quickest amount of time. 

Call the experts at US Tax Shield today for your free no-obligation consultation.

How Do I Get Started?

Getting started is easy. Call one of our tax professionals today for your free no obligation consultation. We will determine if our Tax Attorneys can take on your case and exactly how much it will cost to represent you from start to finish. Keep in mind, we only take on those cases in which we know we can help. If for some reason we cannot assist you, we will at least get you pointed in the right direction.

How Much Can I Save?

Each individual case is different and not everyone is eligible for a settlement on taxes owed. For those that qualify, US Tax Shield has saved their clients an average of 93%.  

The tax professionals at US Tax Shield can evaluate your case and determine your settlement options. The consultation is free and costs you nothing.