If you owe back taxes to the IRS, or to your state, then you need to act swiftly.
As your tax debt grows, the government will take increasingly aggressive action to collect the money owed, and your situation will only get worse. For many Americans, this is a major source of stress and frustration, because they simply cannot afford to pay off that debt.
But if the IRS begins the collection process by garnishing funds from your wages, or levying your bank accounts, then it will make it even harder for you to get back on your feet. This is why it’s critical that you take action immediately. By seeking the help of a professional tax professional, you could get the relief you need to resolve your tax problems, eliminate stress and move forward with your life.
If you owe back taxes, here are some critical steps you need to take now.
Owe back taxes? Follow these 5 important steps
1) Get a skilled tax professional Getting the help of a skilled tax lawyer doesn’t have to be difficult or scary. In fact, with help from the tax experts at US Tax Shield, it only takes one quick phone call to address your situation and determine the best course of action.
What can a tax lawyer do for you? − If you owe back taxes, the lawyer will carefully examine your situation to determine which types of relief you might qualify for. − They will act on your behalf, dealing with the IRS or state agencies to reach a satisfactory resolution in your favor. − They will take action to get the IRS off your back and put a stop to their collection methods. − They could potentially save you money by settling your debt for thousands of dollars less than what you owe, if you qualify.
2) Understand your options Depending on your situation, your tax professional will seek one or more forms of relief. This could include an offer in compromise with the IRS, penalty abatement, wage garnishment release, lien/levy release or other actions. While your advisor will handle this for you, it’s always important that you understand the process, so that you know what to expect going forward.
3) Ask questions Don’t hesitate to ask questions when working with a tax professional. They are here to help, and a good lawyer will make sure you understand every step of the process.
4) Be cooperative and patient The best thing you can do to speed the process of tax relief is to cooperate with your attorney, answer questions honestly, provide the applicable documents if they are requested, and be patient. Remember: they are fighting for you and they want the process to be as easy and quick as you do.
5) Have peace of mind If you owe back taxes, getting tax relief can remove an incredible burden off your shoulders. Now is the time to relax and have peace of mind that you have a professional on your side, working to make your situation better.
US Tax Shield helps those who owe back taxes
Take the first step to resolving your tax problems today by calling US Tax Shield at 877-829-3535. We offer a FREE, 15-minute consultation and analysis of your tax situation – and you are under NO obligation.
US Tax Shield is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau, and our seasoned attorneys have vast experience in tax resolution, helping thousands of clients across the U.S. Call us today to see how we can help you turn your situation around.