How to Find the Best Tax Settlement Companies
Tax settlement companies are an invaluable resource for addressing your tax problems, but it’s important to compare your options carefully.
With so many tax relief scams and other unprofessional services out there, you need to be sure that you’re working with an established company that can truly help you.
If you owe back taxes, or you’re already at the mercy of the IRS’s aggressive collection methods, then it’s best to take action immediately. Use the tips below for simple ways to identify the top tax relief firms, so you can finally find a solution to your tax problems.
What makes the best tax settlement companies?
As you begin comparing tax settlement companies and tax relief services, here are some key things to look for that should help you narrow your options:
- Professional tax professionals and enrolled agents Unlike regular debt relief services (for loans, credit cards, etc.), tax attorneys and enrolled agents are the only professionals who are legally able to represent you before the IRS. Make sure you only work with tax settlement companies that have skilled lawyers and enrolled agents to deal with the IRS on your behalf.
- Experience helping others like yourself Look for companies that have a proven track record of assisting others with tax settlement and relief services. Whether you are an individual taxpayer, a sole proprietor or another form of business stakeholder, you should make sure the firm has specific experience helping others who faced problems very similar in nature to yours.
- Well-rated by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) If you’re not sure about a company, it’s generally a good idea to check with the BBB. This will let you see if the company maintains a good, clean track record or whether it has complaints submitted by previous customers. Ratings are essentially letter grades that range from A+ (best) to F (worst).
- Clear explanation of costs / fees Legitimate tax settlement companies will be happy to give you a straightforward breakdown of the costs or fees of their services. This should be one of the first questions you should ask, and if you receive any vague answers or a reluctance to provide this information, then you should keep looking for another company.
- Wide variety of expertise Look for companies that have expertise in several areas of tax relief, such as offers in compromise, installment agreement negotiations, release of wage & bank levies, innocent spouse relief, penalty abatements, payroll tax resolution and audit appeals, among others. A wide range of expertise is typically the sign of an established, skilled tax relief company that has the resources to tackle nearly any tax problem.
Call one of the leading tax settlement companies today
US Tax Shield is an established tax settlement firm that has years of experience helping thousands of clients solve their IRS and state tax liability problems.
Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau, we offer a variety of tax relief solutions for individuals, sole proprietors, partnerships, and corporations. Our seasoned tax attorneys and enrolled agents are ready to assist you in getting the IRS off your back and finally taking control of your tax debt.
Call 877-829-3535 for a free 15-minute consultation with one of our professional tax consultants.